At Allstate Tree Service, we have been taking care of trees for over 58 years. We can help you make the right decision about your tree; whether it needs supportive care, needs to be taken down, or just needs a trim, we will help you determine the best solution to fit your needs and budget.
[tabs slidertype=”left tabs”] [tabcontainer]
[tabtext]Tree Removal [/tabtext]
[tabtext]Tree Trimming [/tabtext]
[tabtext]Emerald Ash Borer Injections[/tabtext]
[tabtext]Bolting & Cabling [/tabtext]
Your unwanted trees can create a threat or a challenge in a variety of ways – this is why tree removal is sometimes necessary. Poorly maintained or overgrown trees can make your yard look poorly kept and cluttered with falling debris such as dead branches, leafs and twigs. Trees can also get in the way of new development projects such as the installation off a new driveway or the construction of a room addition, shed or other property improvement.
Overgrown trees can also become entangled in your home’s power lines or telephone wires, causing a potential electrical fire hazard. You’re sure to appreciate the well kept appearance of your yard once your problem tree is taken care of, and you can rest easy knowing that your home is more safe and secure. Our technicians are dedicated to delivering the best possible customer experience that they can, and that they’re properly equipped to ensure a job well done every time.
Allstate Tree Crew dropping a tree
Trees are generally trimmed for one of three purposes: aesthetics, safety or health.
- Aesthetics – Pruning a tree effectively helps to maintain its shape and appearance. However, you shouldn’t try to impose an unnatural shape or size on a tree. The amount of trimming and pruning that will be needed could seriously damage it.
- Safety – Dead or broken branches and limbs can fall off at any time, which is a serious safety hazard. If the branches of a tree obstruct your vision while driving, they should be trimmed away. Finally, tree limbs and branches occasionally grow too close to utility lines.
- Health – It is sometimes possible to save an infected tree by strategically pruning away affected branches and limbs. Thinning the crown of a tree improves airflow, which can be very beneficial. If branches are crossing or rubbing together, they should be trimmed so that they don’t fall unexpectedly.
Before you have a tree cut down in your yard, you’ll need to decide whether the tree stump should be removed as well. Here are some things to consider when making your decision.
- Stumps cause new tree growth. Sometimes leaving the stump behind contributes to new sprouts, which can result in many small trees growing around the stump.
- Stumps attract insects. Decaying stumps can attract beetles, termites, ants and other wood-boring pests.
- Stumps take up precious yard space.
A stump grinder is a piece of equipment that removes tree stumps by means of a rotating cutting disk that chips away the wood.
Emerald Ash Borer
Emerald Ash Borer – (Agrilus planipennis) is a beetle native to Asia that is highly destructive to Ash trees. This includes Green Ash, Black Ash, White Ash and Blue Ash trees. Adult beetles are typically bright metallic green and are about 1/3 inch long by 1/16 inch wide. The upper side of the abdomen is coppery red.
Some signs of an infected tree are:
- Thre tree begins to die from the tip of its leaves or roots backward
- 1/8 inch “D” shaped holes
- “S” shaped tunnels under the bark
- Vertical cracks in the tree bark
- Woodpecker damage
Our certified arborist can help you with identification and the best course of action. Check out more information about the Emerald Ash Borer in our post “What is the Emerald Ash Borer”.
Bolting and Cabling
Bolting and cabling are effective methods of preserving and strengthening a potentially weak or hazardous tree.
Bolting is a method used to strengthen a weak or splitting crotch or union usually in the trunk of a tree. Cabling is used to support heavy limbs and to prevent limb failure under unfavorable weather conditions.